Spring Green Pizza
Store bought pizza dough, at room temperature
1/2 lb asparagus, shaved into thin ribbons
1/2 cup artichoke hearts
1/3 cup basil pesto*
8 ounces mozzarella cheese
1 cup arugula
2 oz prosciutto
extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Handful of pistachios, pine nuts, and almonds
3 garlic cloves
3 cups basil
1 cup parsley
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp water
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbsp capers, drained
pinch of kosher salt
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup olive oil, more or less depending on the consistency you want it
01) Lightly toast the nuts over medium heat for about 2-3 mins.
02) Add the nuts and garlic cloves to a food processor. Pulse til it is combine and crumbly.
03) Add the remaining ingredients and slowly pour the olive oil in while you pulse everything together.
04) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil
05) On a lightly floured surface, push/roll the dough out until it is pretty thin (about 10-12 inch circle) Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Rub the dough with the olive oil. Dollop the dough with pesto and layer on the sliced mozzarella. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
06) Bake for 5 mins and then remove from oven
07) Add the asparagus ribbons, artichokes, and red pepper flakes and bake for another 10 mins until the crust is browned and crisp.
08) Squeeze the lemon juice across the top of the pizza. Add the prosciutto and top with arugula. Cut into slices and serve immediately