Wild Blueberry Crostata
Crust: (Highly recommend using a scale for this crust for it come out perfect each time)
250 g all purpose flour
205 g butter, cubed and chilled
3 g kosher salt
55 g water, ice cold
3 - 3.5 oz cans of wild blueberries packed in water, drained (1 & 1/2 cups)
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp lemon zest
Juice of half a lemon
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1/4 cup sugar
demerara sugar for crust topping
1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 350 F
01)Chill everything. Mix the flour and salt.
02) Add the cold butter and mix on low until you get coarse crumbs.
03) Add ice water, mix just until dough comes together smoothly, about one minute.
04) Remove dough from mixing bowl and form into smooth ball. Flour hands and board as needed.
05) Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
06) Remove from fridge and roll dough out on a floured surface until about 3mm thick. Trim the edges for clean edges.
*Make the filling while the dough is chilling.
01) Strain the excess water of the wild blueberries
02) In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese til light and fluffy. Set aside.
03) In a separate mixing bowl add the blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and cinnamon.
04) Chop the rosemary and mix that in.
05) Spread the cream cheese in the middle of the dough. Add your filling and fold your edges of the crust on top of the filling. Overlapping each each edge to keep it tight and look clean.
06) Brush the egg over the crust (this will help to get a beautiful brown crust) sprinkle the demerara sugar on top of the crust.
07) Bake for about 40-45 mins. Serve with ice cream and enjoy!