Tomato and Plum Salad with Lemon Ricotta and Dijon Vinaigrette
5 large heirloom tomatoes
1 red onion
¾ cup whole milk ricotta
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 & ½ tbsp dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, grated
½ cup olive oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 tbsp water
¼ cup capers, drained
01) Combine the ricotta, lemon juice, lemon zest, black pepper and salt in a bowl.
02) Thinly slice the tomatoes, red onion and plums. About 1 inch thick.
03) Layer the tomatoes, plums and red onion like a river, overlapping vertically or in a circle, depending on your serving platter.
04) Add dollops of the ricotta over the tomatoes.
05) Vinaigrette: whisk together the olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, pepper, salt and water. Pour all over the tomatoes and nice puddles on the ricotta. Add the capers on top.