Roasted Butternut Squash Miso pappardelle with crispy Sage
1 lb pappardelle
1 large butternut squash
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp miso
3 sprigs sage
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup heavy cream or dairy free alternative
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
pinch of cayenne
1/2 tsp pepper
pinch of red pepper flakes
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cut the butternut squash into 1 inch cubes and transfer them to a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, cumin, pepper, salt, and cayenne. Roast for about 35-40 mins until tender.
2) Boil your pasta water and add a generous amount of salt. Cook your pasta according to the instructions.
3) While the butternut squash is roasting, mince your garlic. Add it to a sauce pan with olive oil, the miso, and red pepper flakes on low heat.
4) When the butternut squash is done, transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add it to the saucepan. Mix in the heavy cream or other milk alternative.
5) Fry the sage leaves in olive oil in a pan for about 3-4 mins til crispy.
6) Assemble the pasta and garnish with the sage leaves and parmesan cheese.