Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Navel Orange Slices, and Alfalfa Sprouts
1 cup, uncooked tricolor quinoa
1 & 1/3 cup water
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
1 medium orange bell pepper, diced
1/2 of a large red onion, diced
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 olive oil
1/2 flat leaf italian parsley, chopped
1 medium navel orange
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
01) Cook the quinoa by the package with the water. Let it come to a boil and then simmer it covered for about 15-17 mins until the water is absorbed.
02) Chop all the ingredients for the quinoa salad (red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, red onion and parsley)
03) When the quinoa is done, add to a large bowl and mix together the ingredients with the lemon juice and olive oil.
04) Cut the avocado in slices. Set aside.
05) Peel the skin of the oranges and cut each of the orange quarters out. Set aside.
06) To assemble, use a ring mold. Add the quinoa salad to the bottom and pat down with a spoon. Add the avocado slices on top covering all of the quinoa all the around the mold. Do the same with the orange slices. Slowly pull the ring mold up and everything should stay together if it was packed down enough. Add the alfalfa sprouts on top and serve!