Mini Saffron Pavlova With Orange Curd
4 egg whites
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of saffron (a little goes a long way)
1 whole egg & 4 egg yolks
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1 tbsp orange zest
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
01) Preheat the oven to 220 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
02) Beat the egg whites on high for 1 min. Slowly add the sugar and beat for another 8 mins until fluffy and it forms stiff peaks.
03) Gently fold in the cornstarch and saffron until combined.
Transfer to the baking sheet. Create a little nest with a spoon in the middle of the meringue. Repeat til you use up all of the meringue mixture
04) Bake the pavlova for 1 hour. Turn off the oven but do not open oven door. Let the pavlovas dry in the oven for another hour.
05) Orange Curd:
In a saucepan, whisk together the egg and yolks, orange juice and zest. Let that thicken over medium to low heat. Stir often. Add the butter. Keep stirring until it melts and the curd coats a back of a spoon.Let it cool in the fridge for about an hour
06) Take the pavlovas out of the oven. Pour the orange curd in the middle. Garnish with fresh oranges slices.