Mini Heart Shaped valentine's Cakes
Chocolate Cake (You can use your favorite chocolate cake recipe, box mix or a brownie recipe for this recipe)
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 cup pure vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon white vinegar
Cream Cheese Frosting
12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
Medium Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
Valentine Conversation Hearts
01) Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
02) Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
03) Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one by one until combined.
04) In a separate bowl add the oil, vinegar and extract. Add to creamed mixture, beat until well blended. Gradually add the flour mixture and buttermilk, until blended.
05) Spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 mins, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool or store in the freezing to chill faster.
06) Beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add the powdered sugar until smooth. Beat on high until light and fluffy.
07) Cut the cake with the heart shaped cookie cutter. Add them back on the baking sheet and put them in the freezer for a couple hours to make them firm (this will make it easier to pipe the frosting on top and stack the hearts on top of each other.
08) Take one heart and pipe the cream cheese frosting into round dots around the heart. Set another heart on top. Pipe round dots on top. Add sprinkles and the conversation hearts in the middle. Repeat til you use up all the hearts. Serve and Enjoy!
Single/Taken Heart Napkins by Chefanie Nass