Lemon bars with Thyme Shortbread Crust
2 cups flour
½ cup sugar
2 sticks (1 cup) room temperature unsalted butter
¼ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp cold water
1 & ½ cups sugar
½ cup flour
4 large eggs
¾ cup lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
Thyme and raspberries for garnish
01) Preheat the oven to 350 F
02) In a bowl or stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix together all of the ingredients except the water.
03) Add water until it forms a dough
04) Using damp hands, transfer the dough into a 9x12 baking dish and pat it down evenly. Use a fork to dock the dough all over
05) Bake in the middle rack for 15-20 min.
06) Let the crust cool completely
07) For the filling, whisk together the sugar and eggs. Add in the lemon juice, ½ cup flour, and lemon zest
08) Add the filling to the cooled crust and bake for 25-30 mins until filling is set but still a little jiggly.
09) Let the bars cool completely. Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar right before serving. Top with fresh raspberries and fresh thyme.