Honey and Pomegranate Glazed Chicken Thighs with on the vine roasted tomatoes & Pomegranate Molasses
1/2 of large yellow onion, minced
4 to 5 bone in chicken thighs with the skin on
12 oz on the vine tomatoes
3 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp pomegranate molasses (you can buy it on amazon)
3 garlic cloves, minced
pomegranate seeds for garnish
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
01) Preheat the oven to 400 F. Add the vine tomatoes on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 18 minutes until slightly blistered.
02) Heat olive oil over medium in a saucepan. Add in your chopped onions and garlic. Cook the onions dowl until translucent
03) Salt and pepper your chicken on both sides and add it to the pan. Cook for about 7 mins on each side.
04) Add the honey, dijon mustard and cayenne pepper. Let it coat the chicken and simmer for 3 mins.
05) Add in the pomegranate molasses and cornstarch to thicken the sauce
06) Continue to cook til the sauce thickens and coats the chicken
07) Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve with the roasted on the vine tomatoes
*This chicken is great over rice, pasta or with a side of vegetables