Healthy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/4 cup maple syrup
Makes about 5-8 pancakes
01) In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
02) Add in the milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, honey and oil.
03) Fry the pancakes in a non-stick pan or griddle with butter or coconut oil until golden brown, then flip.
04) In a seperate pan, add 2 tbsp butter and start melting by stirring it. It will begin to foam and bubble up. Keep stirring on low and the butter will turn from golden to dark brown. Add in your chopped pecans.
05) Pour the brown butter and pecans over your pancakes and drizzle over your favorite maple syrup! Enjoy!