Easter Bunny Cupcakes
1 & 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 egg whites, room temperature
3 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
2 tbsp lemon zest
Cream Cheese Frosting:
12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
Black Circle Sprinkles
Bunny Ears Cupcake Toppers
01) Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners. Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
02) Beat the butter on high speed or using a handheld mixer for 1 minute. Add sugar and beat another 2 minutes. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl.
03) Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract on medium speed and beat until combined. Beat in sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest.
04) Add the dry ingredients, mixing on low until combined.
05) With the mixer on low, add the milk. Just til to combined.
06) Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
07) Cool completely before frosting
08) Cream Cheese Frosting:
Beat the cream cheese and butter for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and slowly keep adding the powdered sugar til you get your desired consistency. It should be thick to pipe but also soft enough to spread on the cupcake.
09) Decorating the Bunnies
Pipe the frosting on the cupcake, roll it into the white sprinkles to evenly coat it. Add two of the black sprinkles as the eyes, one pink sprinkle as the nose and add the bunny ears on top.