Dark Chocolate Tart with Date and Walnut Crust
3 cups pitted dates
1 & 1/2 cups walnuts
2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 stick, unsalted butter, melted
10 oz dark chocolate ( I used Hu Kitchen Simple Dark Chocolate)
1/2 cup dairy-free milk or heavy cream
1 tsp espresso powder
01) Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter your 14 x 5 inch rectangular tart pan.
02) Add dates, walnuts, cocoa powder, and sea salt to a food processor. Pulse to combine in small pieces. Slowly pour in the melted butter until it comes together and is still sticky.
03) Add you mixture to your tart pan and pat down to evenly spread it along the edges and sides of the pan. Bake the crust for 10 mins. Remove and let it cool completely.
04) While it bakes, make the chocolate filling. Over a double boiler (put heat resistance bowl over a pot of simmering water, this will help the chocolate not burn). Chop your chocolate in pieces and add it to the bowl with your cream or milk and espresso powder. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is fully melted.
05) Evenly pour your chocolate filling into the tart crust. Let it set up in the fridge for about 1 hour.
06) Garnish with flaky sea salt, edible rose petals, sprinkles or anything your heart desires!