Kale Salad with Butternut Squash & Turmeric Tahini Dressing
Updated: Nov 22, 2021
3 cups lacinato kale, shredded
1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 cup roasted butternut squash
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup toasted breadcrumbs
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup tahini
2 tsp turmeric
1 grated garlic clove
2 tbsp water
Juice of 1 medium lemon
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar or maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
01) Preheat the oven to 400 F. Chop the butternut squash into 1 inch cubes. Place on a sheet pan with olive oil and cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
02) For the dressing, whisk together the tahini, turmeric, grated garlic, water, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste
03) Chop your kale and parsley and add it to your serving bowl. Add your dressing and massage in into the kale and parsley.
04) Remove your butternut squash from the oven and add it to your salad with dried cranberries and pecans.
05) Toast your breadcrumbs in a pan with a little olive oil. Stir occasionally, til it becomes golden brown. About 5 mins. Add it on top of the salad
06) Add grated parmesan cheese. Serve and Enjoy!