Blood Orange Dream Cake with Lemon glaze
1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp orange blossom water
4 tbsp blood orange juice (about 2 oranges)
1 tsp blood orange zest
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
01) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
02) Beat butter and both sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed til light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
03) Add in orange blossom water, blood orange juice, zest. Slowly pour in the buttermilk til fully combined.
04) Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
05) For the glaze, combined confectioners sugar, lemon juice and zest. Whisk to combine til shiny and smooth. Pour over the cake.
Easy Cake Decoration Tip:
Use leftover oranges and dehydrate them in oven and place them over the cake (as shown). Add lemon zest and edible flowers to wow your guests.